Are you planning to open a new hair salon? If so, it is essential that you do your homework and work out ahead of time exactly what you need to make your business a success.
One thing that is for certain is that you can’t achieve success without the right salon furniture and equipment. Use the following checklist to work out what you need to keep your clients happy, make the salon run more smoothly and offer all of the treatments and services you have in mind.
• Reception desk: Every hair salon and beauty spa, regardless of its area of expertise, needs a reception desk. This is the first and last point of contact for clients; without it, there would be chaos.
• Waiting benches: Allocate enough seating for waiting clients to avoid anyone having to stand or the salon becoming too cramped.
• Salon chairs: You can’t cut and style hair without somewhere suitable for clients to sit.
• Styling stations: These consist of a mirror, storage for accessories and optional footrest and shelf.
• Manicure stations: You can either have individual stations or a nail bar; whichever suits the style of your salon best.
• Pedicure stations:
• Massage chairs: Why not treat your clients to a relaxing automated massage whilst they wait or have their hair wash?